The Strong Community Schools initiative of the Buffalo Public Schools will benefit from the June 15 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge.
The approximately 13,000 entrants scheduled to participate in the 37th J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in Delaware Park on June 15 will be making a difference for the Strong Community Schools initiative of the Buffalo Public Schools system under the New Education Bargain with Students and Parents.
J.P. Morgan will be making a donation on behalf of all entrants to the 13 strategically placed Community Schools throughout the second largest urban school system in New York state. Designated Community Schools are open to everyone on evenings and Saturdays to build bridges between families and communities, leading to improved student learning, increased parent involvement, and healthier communities.
J.P. Morgan annually celebrates its Corporate Challenge in Buffalo through donations to not-for-profits. Say Yes Buffalo and Classroom Champions were the beneficiaries in 2016, Kevin Guest House and The Angel Fund at Roswell Park Cancer Institute benefited in 2015.
This year’s donation will be earmarked for the programs of the Community Schools, which include:
- Student Incentives, including field trips, movie passes and book store gift cards, that recognize improved attendance, behavior, academics and community engagement.
- Build a Bike program, in collaboration with GObike Buffalo, educating students on how to build their own bikes while understanding bike safety.
- Student-Community Leaders, providing a monetary stipend to high school students who build their leadership skills through community projects.
- Self-improvement programs on Saturdays and evenings. Currently, 16,000+ students attend these sessions that focus on health and wellness, academics, and enrichment.
- Increased parent engagement, supporting four district parent centers, guiding parents in building a pathway to classroom, college and career success.
Serving 34,000 students in nearly 60 newly-reconstructed facilities, the Buffalo School District strives to bring exemplary teaching practices and unparalleled opportunities to its diverse student population through The New Education Bargain with students and parents. Through the New Education Bargain, the District guarantees pathways to opportunity that will lead to achievement and success in exchange for hard work, commitment, and collaboration of our students and parents.
Registration for the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in Buffalo is available through Tuesday, May 30. Please contact email@example.com or (716) 566-9916 for registration support or general questions.