The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge will be scored using a chip scoring system. Each runner number will have a timing chip affixed to the back. Official timing for team scoring purposes begins when the participant crosses the start mat.
The company captain will determine the composition of the male, female and mixed teams representing his/her company
AFTER the race.
Teams must be organized online using Captain Tools and in accordance with the scoring rules.
Participants must cross the mats at the start and finish lines to be timed, and must wear a chip to have a result recorded. It will not be possible for captains to enter times online. All recorded times will be listed on the Corporate Challenge website.
Participants will be automatically organized into 4-person male, female, and mixed teams based on the chip times. Each name will be assigned to only ONE team. The score for each team is obtained by adding together the finish times for all four members.
Complete teams are composed of:
- Male team: four men
- Female team: four women
- Mixed team: two men and two women
Company captains must confirm their teams online the day after the race by using Captain's Tools. You may re-organize the automatically assigned teams at this time if desired or necessary.
Individual and special awards will be listed on this website following each race. Team results will be added as soon as they are verified.
- Once a company team has won a division in any of the 2014 Corporate Challenge races, those individual team members are not eligible to score on any other team at any other Corporate Challenge race.
- Each runner may be placed on only ONE scoring team. For example, a female runner may NOT be listed on both a female and a mixed scoring team.
- The top five male and female finishers will be the first five eligible runners of each sex to cross the finish line.
- Participants from the 2014 Championship in London may not be included on a team scorecard in any division for any of the 2014 regular Series races. These participants are eligible to be part of a corporate team roster and run in 2014 Corporate Challenge races, but they cannot score.
- Company teams representing retail stores that predominantly feature running shoes and apparel are not eligible for overall team awards.
- Companies must register a minimum of ten participants to be eligible for overall team awards.
- Companies who do not meet the Championship Eligibility distance requirements may not be on any scorecard but are welcome to compete.
Return to top