Home Events / Schedules FAQ Results Series Sponsors Contact Us

Boston at a Glance
The Series
Welcome
History
Beneficiaries
Schedule & Registration
Best Times
Latest News
Tools


Event News

12,000 RUNNERS SET TO RACE IN BOSTON
J.P. MORGAN CORPORATE CHALLENGE®

Firm Donates All Entry Fees — More Than $500,000 — to One Fund Boston

BOSTON, April 23, 2013 — JPMorgan Chase and Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino announced today that the 30th annual J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge® will continue as planned on June 20th. The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge is one of the largest races in the city of Boston; 12,000 runners have registered for the 3.5-mile race. JPMorgan Chase will contribute all entry fees — totaling more than $500,000 — to One Fund Boston, an organization established last week to provide financial assistance to the families most affected by the Boston Marathon bombings on April 15. The One Fund, announced by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Mayor Menino, was designed to create a central pool of financial resources.

"Road racing in the city of Boston will go on, thanks to the spirit and determination of the great people who live here," said Mayor Menino. "We are thrilled that the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge is scheduled for June 20 and we appreciate the company's commitment to support this city in the wake of a terrible tragedy."

"Our thoughts are with all of those whose lives have been impacted by last week's tragedy, including our more than 1,000 employees and 1.5 million customers in the Boston area," said Peter Scher, head of Corporate Responsibility at JPMorgan Chase. "We're pleased to announce that the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge will go on as planned and hope that with 12,000 runners and fans, we will do our part to help Boston demonstrate the resilience of its great people."

 

See previous images
See next images
Find Us on Facebook!

National Sponsors


Event Sponsors